Thursday, July 29, 2010

Basketball Jones



Man, I miss Space Jam -- that was such a great movie.

Anywho.

I'm tired as hell. I played like 4 hours of basketball today. OK, so maybe I didn't play the whole time (like it was back in practice), but I went and played my usual games with dad at Calloway's and then I decided to go and "help out" at Alexa's open gym shootaround thing.

Once or twice a week, every week, dad and I go and play some ball. Generally we shoot HORSE to get warmed up but as of late we've been helping Alexa with some post moves. We play a best-of-three series to 11 unless we're pressed on time. At the beginning of Summer, he'd kick my ass because I was fat and out of shape and he couldn't miss a 3. But the past three weeks, I've had this number. Just today in game 2, I was down 1-9 and came back to win 11-9. 10 unanswered points -- it felt good.

I also got up and volleyball spiked his shot, which felt awesome! I haven't done that in like two years, but I digress.

I guess losing that weight has helped my game. At the beginning of the Summer, I weighed in at about 253ish. It was bad.

However, I just stepped on the scale not too long ago and it read 234. Sure, I haven't hardly eaten anything today and played a good bit of ball, but still nearly 20 pounds in almost 3 months isn't too shabby.

Also, dad and Alexa were approached at Calloway's by a guy looking to help train Alexa. His name is Tony Harris. Dad was telling me about how he used to play in the NBA for the Sixers and the Celtics and also in the European and Phillipines league where he scored 105 points in a game! He seemed pretty kool and knew what the hell he was talking about -- which is what Alexa needs.

We also shot HORSE after Alexa's shootaround. He gave me a nice whooping after the first game -- to my defense I had just got done shooting with a girl's ball -- and beat me HORSE to nothing. However the second game I only lost HORSE to HOR. I was pretty happy.

Losing this weight feels good. I feel quicker and as if I'm getting some of my game back.

Damn, I sound like an old man fantasizing about the glory days and everything. This is sad. I need to stop talking like this.

I think I'm gunna go find that copy of Space Jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment