Thursday, July 15, 2010

Employee of the Month



Wow...look at me go. Two updates in one week. Maybe I can make this work.

So District decided to show up in the store today to do roundtable discussions on how management and employees feel about the store -- and WOW did I learn a lot. I would love to discuss things and about how I feel about what was said during the meeting, but since Best Buy seems to have eyes like hawks and fire/threaten to fire people who just make funny YouTube videos, I'm scared to talk too much on here. They're probably reading this right now.

Anywho, there is something I'd like to discuss concerning work, but I feel I'll just save it for my first "Monday Rant" on -- you guessed it -- Monday.

In other news, I finally got out of my writer's block and finished my column for Town Favorites. Now the only thing to come up with is a headline, but that shouldn't be too difficult.

I've also come to the conclusion I may have been too hard on NCAA 11 in my initial evaluation of the game. The running mechanics are vastly improved over 10 and the overall game play does appear much smoother. However, other than that, it's the same damn thing no matter what people may say.

I also went and had dinner with Andrew tonight -- who I haven't been in contact with in forever. It was fun, we had wings then played some NCAA 11. I must say I was quite impressed with the Parmesan Garlic flavor sauce. I may have to get it next time. I also went and purchased a bottle of their Hot sauce. I was already considering it so I could use it on Domino's wings or even if I get some frozen wings from Wal-Mart, but our waitress went on this whole ordeal about how her manager is mad because she isn't selling enough sauce bottles and if she doesn't sell 10 she has to buy the rest and blah blah blah. I think it's a whole crock of shit, but she was kind of convincing and I already wanted the bottle anyway. Hell, I may buy the Parmesan Garlic bottle next time -- and even nominate her for an Oscar!

Unfortunately this will conclude my second "real" entry. I have to be at Best Buy in about eight hours and I could sure use the sleep.

Until next time, journalism fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment