Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Rebirth



This is it -- for real this time.

It's time for a re-imagining, a reboot, a rebirth.

I've sat on this very blog that I just cleared out my old 15 posts over a year and a half to start new, start fresh.

By God, if Futurama can make its return after seven long years of being off the air...I can revive this blog.

In all of those old posts, I'd pop up on here every two months or so saying how I'd definitely start posting on here more and blah blah blah -- it was nothing but a bunch of empty promises. Therefore, I'm not going to say or promise anything of any type of follow up post after this one.

However, I will say I'm trying to take this writing game a little more seriously. Not only am I finishing up my third semester at The Daily Reveille, I've also been offered the opportunity to appear as (I guess we'll just call it a) guest columnist in the magazine, Town Favorites.

Speaking of Town Favorites, I SHOULD be working on that column right now...but since I'm having a bit of trouble getting that one started, I figured I'd just type on here instead.

I'm now using this blog as a tool for myself. After hearing advice from the editor of Town Favorites (technically it's the same advice Albright gave me when he was my editor), writing in a blog will be great practice as well as a show of responsibility and the ability to hit a deadline. I've also read this same thing when reading the requirements necessary for an internship at some of the tech blogs I read.

It makes sense -- if you can't even regularly post in a personal blog, how can you be relied upon to regularly make a deadline for a blog or paper?

I'm not saying I necessarily see myself becoming some type of professional writer at this point, but like I tell everyone -- I only really do four things as of right now: School, Best Buy, Write and Video Games. And while I'd love to have some type of career where I sat on my ass and played video games all day, I don't really see that happening. Also, since I have no idea what I really want to do with my life after college, I might as well push myself to be the best at what I'm currently doing now. And that leaves Best Buy and writing.

So we'll see where this takes off.

I'd like to have certain days where I make special posts (the only thing I really have right now is something like "Rant Mondays," but I'd like to maybe incorporate some type of video blog so if some people are actually following me on this they can get to know the person behind the keyboard a bit better. I'll also be posting up the link to my column with the Reveille and whoever else I may be writing for.

So we'll see how this goes.

I've redecorated the place and will continue trying to figure how to make it more me. Also, pardon my typos because this is still just a personal blog as of now, so I'm not really worried about re-reading it four extra times to check for mistakes.

Hopefully I'll quit being lazy and use this more like I keep saying, but who really knows...

Until then, welcome back to Less Talk More Rokk.

No comments:

Post a Comment